Simple Pasta


I love me a good pasta dish every now and then, but I usually never have a craving for heavy pasta sauces like Alfredo, Bolognese, and Carbonara.  I occasionally enjoy heavy Italian cooking every now and then if it's an incredible restaurant or family occasion, but I tend to gravitate towards light, herbaceous, and acidic flavors for pasta recipes.  This pasta hits the spot if you're in the mood for something easy, cheap, and flavor packed! 


In this particular pasta (Penne), I use fresh herbs from my new garden (oregano & basil), olive oil, lemon juice, fresh cracked black pepper, Parmesan, and salt to taste.




Bring salted water to a rolling boil (1-2 Tbsp of salt per gallon of water), then add your pasta & cook for 5-7 minutes (3:1 ration of water to pasta). Constantly taste the pasta for desired texture. Keep in mind that pasta keeps cooking after you take it out of the water, so if you like it "al dente" take it out a minute or so before it's ready.





One thing about fresh herbs is that they tend to be pricey at most local grocery stores because of the shelf life.  If you like fresh herbs, but don't have the budget, I recommend buying them at any local farmers market or growing it your own.  




This dish was inspired by low-budget, lack of ingredients, minimalism, and my garden.  You never know where inspiration might come from!



SHARE
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment