Tuesday, April 16, 2013

"Body of Soul" ~ Lomi Lomi Nui ~ Healing Retreat

Twice a month (except for March) I work part time at a local retreat centre near Brighton, ON. I create the menu and write up the shopping list and then I arrive on cook day at the appointed time and cook the meals I've chosen.

Today I sat down to draw up the menu for the upcoming retreat that begins on Friday.  I got the list of food restrictions and I went to work.  This is the most time consuming part of my job, but it's also the part that I really enjoy.  As I have mentioned I am a compulsive recipe collector and so therefore I wouldn't be exaggerating to say that I have a HUGE stockpile of recipes.  I try to select tried and true recipes when cooking for others, but that isn't always possible.  Some of the restrictions included ingredients I use in a lot of my cooking, ie. onions, beans, and rice.  So then some of the recipes are new to me, but from reputable sites that I have come to trust.

Without further ado, here is what I came up with:

Friday April 19 - Supper


Saturday, April 20 - Supper


Sunday, April 21 - Lunch

Mushroom and Lentil Shepherd's Pie



Sunday, April 21 - Supper

Red cabbage salad with carrots and apples
Moroccan carrot stew
Green salad with sunflower mustard dressing


Monday, April 22 - Lunch


Monday, April 22 - Supper

African peanut stew (only we pureed it before adding the rice)


Sauteed kale
Roasted Beets and Sweets
Green Salad with Honey Dijon Dressing
A very loose interpretation of this apple crisp



Before leaving for the night I also made two loaves of Strawberry banana bread for the morning meal.  We ended up using the bread for dessert the following night instead.




Tuesday, April 23 - Lunch

Leftovers!!!

Tuesday, April 23 - Supper

Eggplant Curry from Moosewood



Gypsy Soup from Moosewood


Tofu salad from Moosewood cookbook (minus the tofu) with this great Asian dressing



Wednesday, April 24 - Breakfast

Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Mighty Tasty Hot Cereal with mixed fruit compote



Wednesday, April 24 - Lunch

Chickpea tabouli with walnuts and cauliflower

Marinated zucchini noodles


Leftovers of African Peanut Stew

Lunch is served.





No comments:

Post a Comment