Cashew Lime Hummus

I used to be a recipe addict. I would tear countless recipes from magazines and hold on to them for years in the hope that one day I�d make a delicious item that would become a family favorite forever. Alas, I�ve grown up a bit since then, and I hate clutter. So I don�t tear out recipes anymore. However, I always encourage folks to adapt recipes (even mine) to fit their own needs and tastes. Just because the flavors work for my family doesn�t mean that they�re perfect for yours, so play! That said, I was cleaning out an old desk drawer and ran across a dip recipe that contained lime and coconut milk. Those two were all I could salvage from the unhealthy ingredients list, but I was inspired to come up with this little creation that I call cashew lime hummus which my kids love for dipping veggies.

Cashew Lime Hummus


  • 1 cup roasted, salted cashews
  • � cup coconut milk
  • 2 TBSP lime juice
  • 1 TBSP coconut aminos
  • 2 tsp minced shallot
  • Pinch of sea salt
  • Freshly ground black pepper to taste
Makes 11/2 cups


  1. Place all the ingredients in a food processor, and pur�e until smooth. For a thinner dip, add a few additional tablespoons of coconut milk, one at a time, while blending to get the consistency you like.
  2. Store the hummus in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to use.
  3. Dip your favorite veggies, such as carrot sticks, celery sticks, or jicama spears.
  4. Cracked pepper chive crackers would be a great add on for this.
SHARE
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment