Deviled Ham �n� Eggs

I find it hard to believe now, but as a kid, I didn�t like deviled ham and eggs, although I used to love sweet and smoky deviled eggs. I would scoop out the filling and eat just the whites. There was something seriously wrong with me back then; I�m sure of it. Nowadays, I can�t get enough of these one-bite flavor explosions! I constantly look for ways to enhance and vary the flavors without taking away from the original, deviled egg essence. I ran across the title of this recipe in a flyer at a local grocery store. I liked the idea of adding ham, so I ran with it. The small addition of fresh thyme and parsley, combined with the smoky ham, is over-the-top fantastic!

Deviled Ham �n� Eggs

EGGS 


  • 6 eggs, boiled, peeled, and cooled
  • FILLING INGREDIENTS 
  • 2-3 TBSP mayonnaise
  • 1 tsp Dijon mustard
  • � tsp lemon juice
  • � tsp chopped fresh thyme
  • 1 tsp chopped fresh parsley
  • � tsp granulated onion
  • � tsp granulated garlic
  • � tsp pure maple syrup
  • � tsp sea salt
  • Freshly ground black pepper to taste
  •  1/3 cup finely diced cooked ham

GARNISH

  1. 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme
  2. Cut the eggs in half lengthwise. Remove the yolks, and place them in a small bowl. Set the whites aside on a plate.
  3. Mash the yolks with a fork.
  4. Add the mayo, mustard, lemon juice, thyme, parsley, granulated onion, granulated garlic, maple syrup, sea salt, and pepper to the mashed yolks, and stir to combine until creamy and smooth. If it�s too dry, add additional mayo as needed.
  5. Stir the ham into the egg mixture.
  6. Fill each egg white half with the ham filling.
  7. Top each deviled egg with chopped fresh thyme.
  8. Store the deviled eggs in an airtight container in the refrigerator or a cooler until ready to eat.
SHARE
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment